REPOSITORIES WITH PRINTING COMPANY DOCUMENTS - Clinton
Clinton Historical Society
210 Church Street
P. O. Box 286
Clinton, MA 01510
|Hours:||Saturdays 9 a.m.-12 p.m.|
- Colonial Press
Approximately 10 record boxes of materials, ranging in date from 1934 to 1976. The largest amount of information is from the 1960s and 1970s. Materials include:
- Correspondence and memoranda beginning in 1946
- Accounting records, including profit and loss statements, computer print-outs with payroll, sales figures, and customer accounts
- Colonial Press page-a-day diaries, with historic photographs of Colonial workers and presses on the early pages of many of the diaries - from 1935-1976 (not all years)
- Photographs of plant buildings, presses and workers. One notable photograph is a large group photograph of a company outing in 1954.
- Promotional materials, describing types, papers, etc.
- Information on company profit-sharing plan
- 2 boxes of jobs for Logos International in New Jersey, with A-Z folders according to book titles printed by Colonial. These include orders, correspondence, and other detailed information about the jobs.
- Bi-monthly company newsletters from 1960-1965 which are magazine-style newsletters with company information, and information and photographs about employees; newsletters from 1968-1971 which mainly contain company information.