BRIEF HISTORIES OF PRINTING COMPANIES CITED IN THIS SURVEY - Athol
Note: This information is from History of Athol, Massachusetts, by William G. Lord.
The Athol Transcript
The Athol Transcript, twelve to sixteen pages of home news, was started in 1870 by E. F. Jones and Lucien Lord, with Col. George Hoyt as editor. Around 1872 Wells L. Hill became editor, and was later the owner. The newspaper office was located at 16 Exchange Street. In 1935, the paper was sold to the Athol Daily News. The Athol Daily News is still in business.
W. H. Brock & Company
W. H. Brock & Company was founded by Winfield H. Brock, who was a printer and publisher. In 1881, Brock began publishing The Cottager, a monthly magazine of literature and current events. He also published "Our Church Record," a weekly publication of interest to local churches.